Safe and Natural Prenatal Chiropractic Care in Santa Clara
Pregnancy is a beautiful time of life but it can also bring with it some health complications or discomforts to expectant mothers. One thing is true: if you are a pregnant woman, a baby growing inside you puts a lot of strain on the body. The staff at Hoewisch Family Chiropractic of Santa Clara is fully trained in safe and effective prenatal chiropractic care and is here to help you experience a healthy pregnancy. If you are in need of natural pain relief during your pregnancy, Doctor Hoewisch is your Santa Clara Chiropractor.
We offer drug-free treatment that can help to relieve many of the causes of pain and discomfort during pregnancy. By receiving regular adjustments with our Santa Clara chiropractor, you can ensure a healthy pregnancy and less overall stress during labor and delivery.
Effective Treatments in Prenatal Chiropractic Care
Lower back pain and any misalignment of the vertebrae during pregnancy can make expectant mothers extremely uncomfortable, especially in the latter part of their pregnancy. Many women turn to Chiropractors because their therapies are natural, drug-free, and are an effective tool for pain management. We utilize the following treatments in our prenatal care:
- Chiropractic Adjustments – many women face spinal misalignment during pregnancy due to the growing fetus and the pressure that can occur on their internal organs. As your developing baby grows, so too does the need for your body to realign itself thus causing changes to the spine. Our adjustments help your spine to remain in correct alignment thereby relieving pressure on your nerves and joints and relieving pain and discomfort. Most adjustments are done with an instrument which uses very little pressure on the muscles and vertebrae to help them realign.
- Corrective Exercises – your chiropractor in Santa Clara can help develop a simple exercise program that is safe for you to do at home. These movements can help to strengthen the muscles supporting the spine, thus helping to stay more aligned. Additionally, a stronger core can also help to make childbirth and recovery less stressful.
- – These simple yet powerful exercises help to make the discs between the spinal vertebrae more supple and supple discs allow the vertebrae to move more normally, and normal motion enhances nerve flow.
The entire staff at Hoewisch Family Chiropractic is here to help you maintain a healthy and active pregnancy. As your Santa Clara chiropractor, we understand the importance of healthy pregnancies and working with you, the expectant mother, to help you remain active and pain-free.
Reasons to Visit Your Santa Clara Chiropractor if Pregnant
If you are relying on your body’s strength and mental abilities to get you through the labor and delivery process, chiropractic care is especially helpful if you are planning to have a natural birth. Many of our patients have seen the benefits of treatments by our Santa Clara Chiropractor, Doctor Hoewisch.
- Relief from Pain – Many women experience a great amount of back pain during their pregnancy. As the baby grows and develops, a pressure is placed on the mother’s organs and especially the spinal column. The weight of the growing baby alters the body, affecting the spinal curvature and posture. Our chiropractor can assist pregnant women in helping them maintain good posture and a healthy spine.
- Ease the pain and soften the Labor and Delivery Process – Oftentimes, some women experience long, stressful hours of labor pains. Regular adjustments from a chiropractor can help your body remain or become more flexible. When your organs, hips, and spine are in harmony, the labor and birthing can often proceed easily and take less time.
- It’s a Drug-Free Approach – Since most drugs can have a negative effect on a fetus, it’s important to seek treatments that are drug-free. Chiropractors advocate for drug-free approaches to pain and discomfort. With the benefits provided by your chiropractor’s treatment in addition to having a solution that is drug-free, you can rest assured that you’re in good hands.
Make Hoewisch Family Chiropractic Your Health Partner
We are dedicated to our patients and are proud to serve our community as a chiropractor in Santa Clara. If you are looking for drug-free treatment during your pregnancy, we are here to help! Please call Hoewisch Family Chiropractic today at (408) 985-8118 to schedule an appointment.
Our office is conveniently located at 1221 Lafayette Street in Santa Clara, three blocks from Santa Clara University.