Are you currently suffering from hip pain? According to a study reported by Family Practice News, hip pain occurs more commonly in women than men, but does affect both genders and can significantly impact daily life. Here at Hoewisch Family Chiropractic, our hip pain chiropractor in Santa Clara can diagnose your hip pain and develop a non-invasive treatment program to help reduce your symptoms and provide you with hip pain relief.
Common Causes of Hip Pain in Men and Women
Hip pain can be caused by a variety of chronic and acute injuries, including:
- Arthritis – particularly osteoarthritis, which is caused by age-related wear and tear on the hip joints
- Bursitis – an inflammation of the bursae sacs that help cushion the joints
- Fractures of the Hip – which are commonly caused by advanced osteoarthritis, loss of bone density and slipping and falling
- Lower Back Pain – pain in the lower back that radiates into the hip, especially if the individual has sciatica
- Muscle Strains – having a pulled muscle around the hip joint, especially in the hip flexor
- Subluxations of the Hip – minor misalignments in the hip joint that cause improper movement
- Tendinitis – inflammation of the tendons in the hip
Common Symptoms of Hip Pain
Hip pain symptoms can be mild or severe and vary with activity levels. Common symptoms of hip pain injury include:
- Loss of movement of the hip joint or limping
- Muscle stiffness in the hip flexor and thigh
- Pain in or around the hip or in the groin area
- Pain that radiates from the hip into the knee
- Pain while putting weight on the affected hip
Hip Pain Treatment and Relief
Chronic and acute hip pain can make walking and getting your daily tasks completed extremely difficult. The good news is that our hip pain doctor can help find the causes of your pain and recommend a treatment program to provide you with hip pain relief.
Getting an Accurate Diagnosis with Our Hip Pain Doctor
Treatment always starts with an initial patient consultation and an examination. The consultation involves taking a medical history that includes when your hip pain first started, if anything makes the pain worse, and if you have any underlying conditions that may affect the severity of your hip pain. Our chiropractor will also answer all of your questions about hip pain and potential treatment options and treatment lengths. Next, our chiropractor will perform a physical examination that may involve walking or moving your hip in certain directions as well as taking digital images. Once the examination is complete, our chiropractor at Hoewisch Family Chiropractic will explain the diagnosis and recommend a treatment plan to help heal the injuries causing your hip pain.
Hip Pain Treatment with our Chiropractor in Santa Clara
Our hip pain doctor offers several non-invasive treatments for hip pain relief, including manual chiropractic adjustments and KST chiropractic.
Manual Chiropractic Adjustments
Manual chiropractic adjustments are performed using a chiropractic table and our chiropractor’s hands, forearms and fingers. The goal of manual chiropractic adjustments is to make sure the hip joint is properly aligned. This improves range of motion and reduces inflammation in the soft tissues while promoting healing.
The Koren Specific Technique (KST) chiropractic is a specific type of adjustment that involves challenging, checking and correcting. The challenging part of the treatment involves checking for imbalances and misalignments in your body, including your neck, back, hips, knees, ankles and feet. This is because imbalances in one part of the body, like the lower back, may affect other areas. If areas of imbalance are noticed, then the area is tested for subluxations, which are misalignments in the joints. If a subluxation is found, a chiropractic adjustment is performed.
Why Choose Hoewisch Family Chiropractic in Santa Clara
Our hip pain chiropractor has been serving Santa Clara since 1984. He offers consultations with no out-of-pocket expenses and operates a cash practice, which means you do not have to have medical insurance. In addition to hip pain treatments, we also offer sports chiropractic, headache and migraine relief and treatment for auto accident injuries.