Dr. David Hoewisch
Dr. David Hoewisch was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and raised by deaf parents. His father lost his hearing at age 3 due to spinal meningitis, and his mother lost her hearing at age 4 due to an ear infection. Dr. Hoewisch’s first language was probably sign language, and he learned it just the way children of hearing parents learn to speak. At the family dinner table he learned the signs for milk, butter, please, and thank you. As he grew he was called upon quite often to interpret for his parents. This included interpreting TV shows, visits to the doctor, door to door salesmen and their presentations, and parent-teacher meetings. During all of these encounters, one thing that stuck in his mind was the lack of full understanding on the part of everyone involved in the communication. This experience has led to a burning desire to bring chiropractic health to the deaf community. Dr. Hoewisch loves to see the ‘light bulb’ go on above peoples’ heads when he explains their health condition to them, what their options are, and how chiropractic can help them. And when a deaf person comes in to the office for an adjustment, they can communicate directly with Dr. Hoewisch. When they are finished explaining everything behind their latest flare-up, they know that Dr. Hoewisch knows it too.
DR. HOEWISCH IS WELL-EDUCATED
Dr. Hoewisch received a Bachelor of Science degree from Carroll College, Waukesha, Wisconsin, in 1970. He received a Doctor of Chiropractic from Palmer College of Chiropractic, Davenport, Iowa, in 1982. He continues to take well beyond the required 24 hour minimum of postgraduate courses every year, extending his training in techniques such as Gonstead, Activator, Pettibon, Biophysics, Motion Palpation, and Sports Injuries.
DR. HOEWISCH IS A DEDICATED FAMILY MAN
Dr. Hoewisch has been married to his wife, Kay, for over 35 years. They have two children.
DR. HOEWISCH HAS AN ACTIVE LIFESTYLE
Dr. Hoewisch runs marathons (he’s done 9 so far), and he enjoys rock climbing, abaloning, and camping. He has traveled extensively throughout Europe and Africa, including a little trek to the top of Mt. Kilimanjaro. He has also climbed Mt. Whitney 3 times, Mt. Shasta 2 times, and ran up and down the Grand Canyon in one day.
DR. HOEWISCH IS WELL-ACCOMPLISHED
Dr. Hoewisch’s memberships include:
- California Chiropractic Association (CCA) since 1984
- Santa Clara County Chiropractic Society (SCCCS) since 1984
- Secretary to SCCCS 1997–1999
- Vice President to SCCCS 2000–2004
- International Chiropractors Association
- Dr. Hoewisch’s awards include:
- Outstanding New Doctor of Chiropractic 1985–1986 & 1986–1987 Santa Clara County Chiropractic Society
- Distinguished Service Award 1988–1989 & 1989–1990 Santa Clara County Chiropractic Society
- Botterman Award California Chiropractic Association 1994 & 2004
- Representative to BACS – Bay Area Chiropractic Societies Santa Clara County Chiropractic Society