Neck Pain Treatment in Santa Clara
Neck pain is one of the most common types of musculoskeletal pain experienced by adults. Neck pain can occur as a result of occupational injuries, slips and falls at home, ergonomic troubles and for other reasons. As your chiropractor in Santa Clara, the professionals at Hoewisch Family Chiropractic offer all natural chiropractic treatment for people suffering from neck pain.
Different Types of Neck Pain
Some patients experience chronic neck pain, which means that it returns regularly and can persist for months at a time. Other patients experience temporary neck pain that occurs as a result of injuries, poor ergonomics and other day to day problems. Temporary neck pain that goes untreated can turn into chronic neck pain if not properly treated by a Santa Clara chiropractor.
Causes of Neck Pain in Santa Clara
Neck pain can occur for many reasons, including:
- Whiplash. Whiplash is a condition that occurs when the neck develops small tears in the muscles and ligaments. Whiplash can cause pain in the neck, shoulders and back, as well as headaches and other problems. Whiplash typically occurs as a result of car accidents and personal injuries.
- Text neck. Text neck occurs when the patient spends too much time looking down at mobile devices.
- Poor posture. Poor posture can cause subluxations, which puts pressure on the spinal cord.
- Auto accident. Auto accidents can cause sprains, strains and other injuries, resulting in pain in the neck shoulders and head.
- Poor ergonomics. Poor ergonomic conditions at work can cause strain on the joints and muscles of the neck and back, resulting in injury to the spine as well as chronic pain.
- Sports injury and personal injury. Sports injury and personal injury can cause soft tissue damage that can cause pain in the neck and other parts of the body.
Chiropractic Treatment for Neck Pain from Your Santa Clara Chiropractor
At Hoewisch Family Chiropractic, we have many techniques for treating neck pain, including:
- Spinal adjustment. This all natural, gentle technique is used to restore alignment to the spine while also relieving pressure on the spinal cord. Our techniques can help eliminate pain from subluxations and can also be used to treat conditions like whiplash. Spinal adjustment is a natural form of pain relief that treats pain at its source. Over time, adjustments can help patients retrain their bodies to stay healthy and well.
- Instrument Adjustments. Similar to the adjustment that a chiropractor would use in a manual technique except they are used to be either more gentle or to have a different effect.
- Stretches and exercises. We teach patients to do stretches and exercises that can help them avoid neck pain and injury while engaging in physical activity.
- Lifestyle advice. We teach patients how to manage their pain through healthy habits and behaviors.
Contact Your Santa Clara Chiropractor for Treatment
If you're seeking natural means for treating neck pain in Santa Clara, Hoewisch Family Chiropractic can help. We're your source for neck pain treatment in Santa Clara and the surrounding communities. For more information and to get started with an appointment, call our clinic today at (408) 985-8118.
Neck Pain Frequently Asked Questions
Neck pain is extremely common with anywhere from 6 to 22 percent of the world population suffering from neck pain at any given point, according to research performed by NCBI. The forecast is expected to increase due to mobile devices, and individuals spending more time looking down and not maintaining proper posture. If you are experiencing neck pain or stiffness, our neck pain doctor can examine your neck and recommend the appropriate non-invasive treatment program to reduce your pain and heal your injury.
What neck injuries and conditions cause neck pain?
Neck pain is often caused by an acute or chronic injury. Common causes of neck pain include sprains and strains, a herniated disc, poor posture, degenerative disc disease, pinched nerves, osteoarthritis, and whiplash. If you have any of these conditions or injuries, you may experience neck pain, stiffness and reduced mobility of the neck. If you have a herniated disc, pinched nerve or whiplash, you may also experience upper back pain and pain down one or both arms.
Can neck pain cause headaches and migraines?
Neck injuries can cause headaches and migraines. Soft tissues injuries in the neck, including whiplash, sprains and strains, pinched nerves and herniated discs, can cause an increase in your headache frequency and severity. If you find yourself having an increased number of tension headaches or migraines, you may benefit from neck pain treatment with our chiropractor in Santa Clara.
What is whiplash, and how does it occur?
Whiplash is a very serious neck injury that affects all the soft tissues, including the muscles, ligaments, tendons, and discs. If your whiplash injury is severe enough, it can misalign your cervical vertebrae. Most individuals get whiplash treatment as the result of a car accident where they’ve been rear-ended, but whiplash can also occur due to getting tackled while playing certain sports, experiencing a hard fall, getting physically shaken or getting hit in the head with a body part or object.
How does poor posture contribute to neck pain?
If you find yourself spending a lot of time looking down at your mobile devices or holding your head in one position for an extended period of time, you may notice an increase in your neck pain. When neck pain is caused by looking down at a cell phone, tablet or other mobile devices, it’s called text neck and affects about 79 percent of adults, according to Spine Health. Our chiropractor, Dr. Hoewisch, can help reduce your text neck symptoms by providing you with tips and advice on how to maintain your posture while working or looking at your mobile device and by creating a treatment program that includes chiropractic adjustments along with other non-invasive, drug-free, treatment options.
How do chiropractors treat neck pain?
Our neck pain doctor personalizes all neck pain treatment programs according to the individual and the severity of their injuries. Some common treatments that our chiropractor uses to reduce neck pain and stiffness and restore the mobility of the neck include gentle chiropractic adjustments and instrument adjustments, but preferably; KST chiropractic along with therapeutic exercises. These treatments are designed to increase circulation around the vertebrae, lower inflammation and ensure the cervical vertebrae are properly aligned.
How long will it be before I notice an improvement from my neck pain treatment?
Neck pain treatment times vary according to the severity of the injury and the individual. At your first appointment, our chiropractor will examine your neck and take Xray images in order to get a clear picture of your injury. Next, a custom treatment plan will be developed that could include one or more of our treatment options. Our chiropractor will explain the treatments and give you an estimate on your expected treatment length.